Merry Christmas, dear readers!
What you will learn from NumPy 1.5 Beginner’s Guide
- Installing NumPy
- Learn to load arrays from files and write arrays to files
- Work with universal functions
- Create NumPy matrices
- Use basic modules that NumPy offers
- Write unit tests for NumPy code
- Plot mathematical NumPy results with Matplotlib
- Integrate with Scipy, a high level Python scientific computing framework built on top of NumPy
The book is written in beginner’s guide style with each aspect of NumPy demonstrated by real world examples. You can also download a sample chapter.
How to Win NumPy Beginner’s Guide
You can enter by writing a comment to this post explaining why you would like to have the book. The contest has already started and will end on January 31st 2012 at 11:59 PM GMT. Winners will be randomly chosen and notified by email, after termination of the contest.
The contest is open to everybody in the world, however print copies are only available to residents of the US and Europe.
Comments are moderated by me, so your comment will not appear immediately.
Good luck, readers!