The long awaited NumPy Beginner’s Guide from Packt Publishing is now available in the stores. The reason that I am announcing it here is of course, that I wrote it myself. I just received print copies of the book and I must say it is one of the most beautiful books I have held in my hands.
About the Book
The book is about NumPy and is aimed at people who are interested in learning about NumPy and are able to program with Python. It is a guide filled with practical examples and intentionally low on theory. The examples follow the unique Time For Action tutorial format.
You will learn about:
- Installing NumPy
- NumPy arrays, matrices and universal functions
- NumPy modules
- Plotting mathematical NumPy results with Matplotlib
- Integration with Scipy, a high level Python scientific computing framework built on top of NumPy
Table of Contents
You can find the complete table of contents on the Packt Publishing website. Please notice how many Time For Action examples there are in this book. They make up the majority of the pages. Here is the list of chapters:
- Chapter 1: NumPy Quick Start
- Chapter 2: Beginning with NumPy Fundamentals
- Chapter 3: Get into Terms with Commonly Used Functions
- Chapter 4: Convenience Functions for Your Convenience
- Chapter 5: Working with Matrices and ufuncs
- Chapter 6: Move Further with NumPy Modules
- Chapter 7: Peeking Into Special Routines
- Chapter 8: Assure Quality with Testing
- Chapter 9: Plotting with Matplotlib
- Chapter 10: When NumPy is Not Enough: SciPy and Beyond
Buy the Book
I got a sample of links from the publisher that link to some of the online shops where you can buy the book:
- Buy From Safari
- Buy From Book Depository
- Buy From Barnes and Noble
- From TSO shop
- Buy From Focus on Training
- Buy From Pixtus
If you want to share another link to the book feel free to post it in the comments.
I found a mention of the book by Dr. Seth Brown one of the technical reviewers of the book. Let me know, if you want to write a review (so I can link to your review) or reply to this forum thread. The latter guarantees you a free copy of the book.
Last but not least, I would like to thank the technical reviewers and the people at Packt Publishing for making this masterpiece possible.